Monday, June 13, 2016

Heracles and Telephus WIP, Part 2 - Finished!


Heracles and his son Telephus are done!  The scanner washed out the lightest grays, most of the white in the image is 10-20% shaded gray in the physical drawing.
Total time for this drawing was around 8 hours, over the course of two weeks.  The first couple hours consisted of laying down the outline, lightly pre-shading areas that would be heavy shadows later, and of course fixing any mistakes I had made.  The remainder of those 8 hours was taken up slowly, carefully shading in the drawing.  Everything, outlining, shading, erasing, was done with a light hand, so that I could easily rectify errors.

I like it.  I still see problems in it.  I have, however, declared it "finished", and that means I never put a pencil to it again and move on to the next piece.  In this way, I keep myself from worrying about "screwing up" and keep sharpening my drawing skills.

No comments: