Thursday, September 11, 2014

13 years ago...

13 years ago, on September 11, I was at school when my teacher gathered the class together and told us that terrorists had destroyed the Twin Towers in New York.  I was just old enough to understand something terrible had happened, but I only grasped the magnitude of the attack years later.  What I did understand at that moment was my dad was on the east coast, and he couldn't get back home.  We spent several anxious days waiting and worrying until he returned.

I have a lot to be thankful for, that my dad did come back.  I wish it could be the same for many other families who lost their loved ones.  This is dedicated to the civilians and firefighters who lost their lives lost on 9/11/01, and to the families who suffered from the attack.  May they rest in peace.